Laugh.

10 January 2016

So I don’t really do ‘new year’s resolutions’ because I don’t like the idea of changing something major based on a calendar day.  However because the first of the year and my birthday and my time away all coincide, I have been naturally reflective and asking myself, my friends, and God what I can do to make this year a little less… well… difficult. 

I also get a bit freaked out when I try to think about the year ahead – changing behavior for a whole a year seems like an excessively daunting task.  But I can change my behavior tomorrow. And then we will see how it goes. Considering the simplicity of my list, I would think one successful day might lead to a second and a third.  We’ll see.  

I've got four at the moment, and feel each one is worth a post. So for now, drumroll please....

1.      Laugh more than I cry.

I’ve cried a lot in the last three months.  For a variety of reasons, some of which will end up being posted on this blog eventually, some of which won’t.  And I don’t think crying is bad.  I’ve said it a lot, I am glad I can feel because that means I am alive.  And I feel deeply.  But the last few months there have just been far too many tears and not enough laughter.   For me, for now, anyway – tears seem to come very naturally but laughter doesn’t.  SO I have decided that I need to be very intentional about laughing at least once a day – more than a chuckle or a smile.  True laughter.

Why?

Well, it’s fun. But beyond that it has a whole lot of health benefits. :click here for an interesting link on health benefits of laughter:

It’s about one of the healthiest things you can do for your body, actually. Physiologically it changes your body chemistry to less stress and more joy.  I’d like that.  I need that. We all do!      
    
Considering how much I have cried lately, I need to either laugh a whole lot, or cry less.  A combination of the two is preferred, and I’ve sorted out a few things in my head that will hopefully decrease the crying frequency. However, I still don’t laugh enough.  Laughter is contagious, so I will be intentionally putting myself in the path of other funny people around here, but I do travel a lot and work and school makes social time difficult….

SO I am asking for your help!  A kind of emotional support, if you will.

Have you seen a video that was just hilarious? Not chuckle worthy but laugh out loud for extended time funny? Send me the link.

Or a photo or a comic or a short story? Send them my way. I don’t have a lot of time (thus the requirement that it be worthy of more than a smile or a chuckle… that would be insufficient) but if I have come to the end of my day and haven’t laughed enough, I will be looking for things.  Or if I wake up a bit earlier than usual, that would be a great way to start my day.

I challenge you, all of my friends, family, and readers, to help me to laugh.  And if you are reading this and you are on the AFM – bring it on, too!

Comment on this blog, send me an email, a facebook message, imessage to my email address, carrier pigeon, snail mail, or a post-it note on my door, all welcome.

I can’t wait to laugh with you.



stay tuned for #2-#4….  xxk

1 comment :

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |